Percy Jackson and The Titan's Curse (Book #3 of Percy Jackson Series)


The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)

Synopsis:

IT'S NOT EVERYDAY YOU FIND YOURSELF IN COMBAT WITH A HALF-LION, HALF-HUMAN.

But when you're the son of a Greek god, it happens. And now my friend Annabeth is missing, a goddess is in chains and only five half-blood heroes can join the quest to defeat the doomsday monster.

Oh, and guess what? The Oracle has predicted that not all of us will survive...


I have now entered uncharted territory in my journey in the Percy Jackson Series as this title is not out as a movie and the book is my only guide journey forward.  Somehow I felt a bit of a discord between book #2 and book #3.  At the end of book #2, we met Thalia. At the start of book #3, a few months have gone by and both Thalia and Annabeth is attending a school together while Percy is somewhere else.

There are some new characters n The Titan's Curse.  Not just Thalia, we have Bianca and Nico, a brother and sister who are children of Hades, trapped in the same hotel in Vegas that Percy and his friends encountered in book #1.  There are also the followers of Artemis known as The Hunters lead by Zoe Nightshade.

All in all I didn't really like The Titan's Curse as much. I can't blame it on the momentum as the pace is fast enough.  Still, I have a feeling that it would make a great movie.  I can't wait for the chase and the battle with the skeleton warrior in Smithsonian and at the Hoover Dam  and the ultimate battle on Mount Othrys.  I hope they show that in the movie.

Next up is the battle of the labyrinth.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Book Fair - 2nd Time Around Used Books