The Guy Not Taken by Jennifer Weiner


The Guy Not Taken is a collection of short stories written by the author over many, many years, tentatively from 1992 – 2006. That’s over 14 years. Some of the stories were written while she was still in college.

I didn’t had a good experience, book wise with Jennifer Weiner but I enjoyed the movie adaptation of her book, In Her Shoes. I am giving this a chance and all I can say is that I’m not really taken by this book. I like certain stories but have no idea where she’s going with some.

The ones that I like is The Guy Not Taken (title story) and in her ‘notes’ page, Jennifer gave a hint that the movie rights was optioned by Dream Works and a screen play is in the works but no, I have not seen the release yet. I think it would make a cute movie. The story is that this girl, who is now happily married, typed in the name of her ex boyfriend in a wedding registry and suddenly had the ability to change the name of the bride to her own name in the registry and the next thing she knows, she’s actually living out the ‘fantasy’ and is getting married to her ex-boyfriend.

The other story that I like is Dora on the Beach which tells of how 2 teenage girls holds an old lady hostage in her home and made her go with them clubbing, shopping and helicopter ride, all courtesy but against the well Dora, the old lady. After a few days, Dora had a chance to escape when she discovered that the gun the girls used are actually toy guns but she’s actually enjoying herself with all these fun stuff after she got to know the girls better. So did she escape when she had the chance to? I ‘m not telling.

There are a total of 11 stories in this book.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg