Ideal Man by Julie Garwood

Synopsis :

Dr. Ellie Sullivan has just completed her residency at a large urban hospital. While jogging in a park nearby, she witnesses the shooting of an FBI agent in pursuit of wanted criminals, a couple identified as the Landrys. The only person to see the shooter's face, Ellie is suddenly at the center of a criminal investigation. Agent Max Daniels takes over the Landry case. A no-nonsense lawman, he's definitely not the ideal man that Ellie has always imagined, yet she's attracted to him in a way she can't explain.

Ellie heads home to Winston Falls, South Carolina, to attend her sister's wedding. Shortly after she arrives, though, she receives a surprise visitor: Max Daniels. The Landrys have been captured, and she'll be called to testify. But they've been captured before, and each time the witnesses are scared into silence-or disappear before they can take the stand. Max vows to be Ellie's shadow until the trial, and it isn't long before sparks fly.

Ideal Man is part romance, part detective, part suspense but not really so. I don’t know how else to describe it. It’s an ok read. Nothing that I would ask you go and buy from the bookstore now but if you do get your hands on it, you will be in for a pretty enjoyable read but nothing mind blowing. It’s a book that you can put down and come back to easily enough.

I enjoy most of the characters offered...from the hitman sent to kill Ellie to Ellie's bridezilla sister, Ava was so obnoxious but likeable in a way! While I like the chemistry between Ellie and Max (talk about opposite attraction), I especially like Ellie’s parents. I think they are fun and I especially like the way Ellie’s dad tried to get good deals for most of his purchases instead of buying retail. Remind me of someone I know. The part with the air conditioning are so funny.

I don't like the front cover (not creative to me) but then I don't really lilke the title too but other than that, like Ellie said, '‘It’s all good’. At 300+ pages, it won’t take you long to finish reading Ideal Man.

Ideal Man is published by Penguin Goup (USA) in August 2011. I review this for NetGalley.com.

*p.s. a very happy birthday greetings to my ideal man :) Thank you being my Max <3 LHK.*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg